Fenugreek is one of the oldest medicinal plants and culinary history of mankind.
In addition to its digestive properties, they had the power to fight infection and inflammation of the airways, to facilitate childbirth and lactation, to treat skin wounds, rheumatic pain ...
Fenugreek is a spice that contains rich phosphorus, iron, sulfur, nicotinic acid, alkaloids, saponins (the source of its stimulant properties of appetite), flavonoids, carbohydrates, vitamins A, B1, C, magnesium, calcium, lecithin, protein (30%), steroid saponins (diosgenin and yamogénine that contribute to the synthesis of cholesterol and sex hormones).
Fenugreek is a stimulant that helps regulate metabolism, diabetes and low blood pressure.
- stimulating neuro-muscular and general metabolism,
- appetizer and orexigenic (which gives the appetite),
- regulating pancreatic secretion, especially that of insulin,
- stimulates digestion and relieves stomach ache
- promotes weight gain,
- soothing in cases of fever,
- hypoglycemic effect (due to an alkaloid, trigonelline),
- lipid lowering
- combats anemia by its iron
- combat frigidity and impotence,
- action similar to quinine against the states of fever,
- regulates blood sugar and cholesterol levels in people with diabetes.
It is advisable to swallow fenugreek seeds (about 2 tablespoons) with water (as tablets) and can also drink the water in which seeds of fenugreek were macerated 12 hours.
In the kitchen:
- Always cook the seeds to dry in a little oil at the beginning of the preparation. The seeds release their flavor. If it's powder (here: http://www.souk-oriental.com/fenugrec-naturel-poudre-100g-p-537.html), add it during cooking.
- The seeds of fenugreek are hard, they are often ground. But we can certainly use the seeds in stews. We can even soak a few hours before use, they are more tender.
The seeds sold by Oriental Souk come directly from Tunisia where they are prepared and milled the traditional way, by hand.
Our seeds are handpicked - Choose this option before placing in cart.
All our seeds are pure dye free, preservative or adding various ...
Sold per 100 grams to 2 kg